In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. In Mount & Blade: Warband, you lead your men into battle, expand your realm within the land of Calradia. Calradia is a land at war, a land offering great riches and even greater dangers to the adventurers and mercenaries that flock to shed their blood on its soil. With unerring courage and a strong sword, a warrior can make a name as for himself here and more. Raise a band of hardened soldiers, become the lord of several towns and castles, and perhaps one day you may wield the power to depose kings and perhaps take their thrones for yourself.
Mount & Blade: Warband is an action RPG that utilizes medieval weapons, units, combat techniques—especially cavalry—and strategy exclusively. It does not feature magic. It is a standalone expansion of the original game's universe and play mechanics, meaning that the original Mount & Blade game is not necessary for play. In single player mode players create a character, align themselves with one of the five fictional, yet historically realistic, factions existing in the gameworld and set off to carve out a realm for themselves is the kingdom of Calradia. Along the way they will meet units of other factions on the field of battle and with continued success against them gain experience and level up their character, and units. Along with being able to control their character, players are able to command and control their units in a real-time strategy (RTS) like capacity. Unlike the original game, in Warband players are afforded more diplomatic tools and strategies—such as political marriages—which can ultimately allow them to move beyond simply overthrowing a monarch, instead allowing them to take the throne themselves and even install vassals.
Again, setting itself apart from the original single player game, Mount & Blade: Warband allows for a wide variety of online multiplayer scenarios. These range from near massive multiplayer online conflicts that support up to 64 players, to more organized smaller skirmishes. Modes available online include: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege. Within select online multiplayer modes units can be commanded in the RTS fashion available in single player. In this players take control of a set number of bot units in all out competition against all other players, or gather their controlled units together within a single faction splitting battlefield responsibilities in their fight against others. In this, Mount & Blade: Warband allows players to unleash both their individual character's skill at arms, as well as their overall ability to strategize on the battlefield in live play.
Key Game Features
- A standalone expansion game set in the Mount & Blade universe that does not require the original game in the series.
- Engrossing RPG play in single player mode that enables players to fight their way, by themselves or with AI companions, through medieval battle fields and environments to become king by their own hand.
- The ability both in single player and select multiplayer modes to command forces in RTS like combat.
- Large-scale multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege.
- State-of-the-art rendering technologies combine with a more informative interface, allowing new and advanced players alike to enjoy an unprecedented level of immersion.
- New diplomatic abilities like the ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery.
- Groundbreaking mounted combat and realistic medieval specific RPG play.
- A mod friendly gameplay environment where players can introduce all manner of original content that allows for the altering of character appearance, advanced customization, differing rule/game types and more.
||2.1Ghz or higher
||Graphics card with 128MB+ vRAM
||DirectX 9.0c compatible
||3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
||Internet connection required for multiplayer and online activation