You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of an ancient order of guardians who have defended the lands throughout the centuries. Betrayed and abandoned by a trusted general in a critical battle, you must hunt down the traitor and bring him to justice.
Bioware have built Dragon Age Origins to have the most content of any of their games since Baldur's Gate 2, giving the player a huge world to explore in Ferelden whilst fighting the Darkspawn threat. With real time combat and command of up to three additional party members, balancing your attention between chaining together blows and using your party's skills to best advantage will be key. Being the saviour of the lands isn't the most popular job surprisingly, so conversation and diplomacy with both the reverent and the hostile is essential to progress in whatever moral and story path you decide. With crafting in traps, poisons and herbalism to refine your battle arts and boost your party in and out of battle, there'll be enough depth in items and statistics to satisfy the most hardened dungeon crawler whilst still providing a rich story-based experience for first timers to the genre.
Starting as a warrior, mage or rogue in Human, Elf or Dwarf form, Dragon Age Origins features a wealth of character customisation options both on and off the field. Each combination of race and class comes with its own "Origin Story", which combines with player dialogue choices in the game to produce a large variety of possible endings--all with voice dialogue.
With specialisations in skills earnt as your character progresses, evolve from an apprentice in your chosen field to become as focused or as versatile as you chose. Party members and support characters come with specialisation options of their own, and with an eclectic cast varying from fellow Gray Wardens to mages and spirit healers your back is definitely covered. With a dark fantasy plot married to Bioware's conversation and relationship system, choose your conversations with care as friendship, hatred, violence or love could be the end result.
- A Stunning World to Explore - BioWare's deepest universe to date with over 80 hours of gameplay and more than double the size and scope of Mass Effect.
- An Epic Story - Completely shaped and reactive to your play style, multiple endings await based on your actions. Choose wisely..
- Complex Morality - Murder, genocide, betrayal, the possession of children—in this world, there are no easy choices.
- Tailor your Dragon Age - Origins experience from the very beginning by choose from six different Origin Stories.
- Full Character Customisation - Sculpt your hero’s image, personality and morality based on the choices you make throughout the game.
- Bone-Crushing, Visceral Combat - Battle against massive and terrifying creatures with legendary powers and choose from over 100 different magical spells and skills, including beheading your foes or casting spells that make enemies explode from within.